CNC Machining in PEEK
CNC machining in PEEK fits a wide array of applications well, all those beneficial from this material’s exceptional properties.
What is PEEK Plastic?
PEEK is short for Polyether ether ketone, which is a semicrystalline thermoplastic polymer used for engineering applications and characterized by its great chemical resistance and ready machinability while suffering from high temperatures and stress. The rod and bar forms of PEEK plastic make it perfect for CNC machining and cutting operations including milling, turning, drilling, etc. Thus, CNC PEEK machining is a practical method to create high-precision PEEK components with thermal and electrical insulation along with a long list of advantageous properties.
With its exceptional features such as high resistance to wear, abrasion, and chemical, and excellent strength, PEEK products and components are preferred by diverse areas, including chemical, automotive, fluid, aerospace, and high-temperature applications. Moreover, PEEK materials come with a wide variety of grades like carbon fiber reinforced, glass fiber, medical grade, bearing grade, and more.
Spinal implants, surgical tools, bearings, washers, gears.
It is determined by the desired effect and the titanium used. A tolerance of ±0.010” (±0.25 mm) is available at Runsom.
Biocompatibility, resilience at high temperatures, resistance to abrasion & ultra-high vacuum, good robustness, low moisture absorption.
It is mostly decided by the available machine and part geometry. A minimum wall thickness of ±0.03” (±0.8 mm) is available at Runsom.
As fast as 3 days, but it will be finally determined by part complexity and order quantity.
Max Part Size
200 x 80 x 100 cm(the available size is mostly decided by the machine and part geometry).
3-axis & 5-axis CNC milling.
As Machined, Bead Blast.
PEEK CNC Machining Manufacturer – Custom CNC Machined PEEK Parts
As an expert in plastic CNC machining, Runsom has dealt with thousands of orders demanding complex geometric details, and near-impossible specifications in extensive plastic materials including PEEK plastic. Machinists at Runsom are proficient in utilizing multi-axis CNC PEEK machining to fabricate CNC machined PEEK components efficiently and accurately conforming to requirements requested by customers or CAD files submitted online. Additionally, our engineering team will assist you in optimizing your designs or models to offer you the best suitable solution that ultimately saves costs and turns out to be the best results.
You are welcome to specify your requirements and specifications needed during the manufacturing period of CNC machining PEEK parts. And we will try our best to deliver you ultra-precision and superb-quality products. So, upload your CNC PEEK models today and receive a quote for free soon.
CNC PEEK Machining Parts Applications
CNC machining in PEEK is ideal for creating parts used in extreme environments requiring chemical stability, mechanical strength, and/or high-temperature resistance.
- In contrast with other common engineering plastics, PEEK grades bring more notable benefits and can be found in lots of fields including electronics and electrical, aerospace, automobile manufacturing, food processing, medical, and other industries.
- PEEK plastic comes with exceptional performance including high mechanical strength, good resistance to high temperatures, abrasion, and pressure, and great machinability.
- PEEK can be machined to a wide range of mechanical components. For instance, medical device parts, automatic washing machine runners, automobile gears, valves, pipelines, automobile gears, etc.
- It can withstand extremely harsh external conditions like ultra-high humidity, vacuum, voltage, and heat while remaining good electrical insulation properties, so it is a common way to be applied to the field of electronic information.
- It is a biocompatible material to be machined into bone implants due to its advantages of nontoxicity, resistance to corrosion, lightweight, and high compatibility with the human body at present. Thus, PEEK resin Proper treatment to minimize internal stress and avoid product cracks.
- It is a greater alternative for conventional materials like metals and ceramics in some special fields with its incredible physical and mechanical characteristics.
Our Strengths in PEEK CNC Machining Services
Silicon carbide cutting tools are effective for natural PEEK, while diamond tools are more suitable for PEEK reinforced with carbon fiber. For medical-grade PEEK applications, the best way to avoid damaging the biocompatibility of materials is dry processing.
The wall of PEEK optima can be made as thin as 0.0008 with a tolerance of 0.0002. The functions of PEEK machined parts can still be available, but some strength will be lost due to softening within this range.
PEEK can be 3D printed. Its unique performance allows the form of almost any complex geometry, some of which cannot be manufactured with other technologies. The slower the 3D printing speed, the more precise the final result.
The melting point of PEEK is about 341 ℃ (646 ℉). It can be still functional and rigid continuously at temperatures up to 260 ℃ (480 ℉). It can also be used in steam or hot water without affecting physical features.
PEEK is often applied in important applications in some fields including automotive, medical, semiconductor, microwave, aircraft, and chemical to create goods available for harsh working situations such as cable insulation, compressor plate valves, pumps, piston parts, and bearings.